I’ve had food on the brain a lot, lately. Here’s one of my easy favorites for your Sunday afternoon:
Baked Potato Frites
You will need:
– potatoes (I use russet, but these can easily be done with red potatoes, sweet potatoes, or any other variety, really)
– olive oil
– salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Wash and slice potatoes into fry-sized pieces
3. Place unbaked frites on a cookie sheet. Douse with enough olive oil that the frites are coated. I like to arrange them in rows so that they’re easy to flip later on.
4. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and flip the frites. (If you’re having trouble with the frites sticking to the cookie sheet, try popping them in the oven for a few more minutes first).
6. Put the frites back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
7. Remove frites from oven, transfer them to a plate, and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
8. Savor and/or devour accordingly.